“They’re not going to comply with the mandate,” said Kyle Duncan, general counsel of The Beckett Fund for Religious Liberty, which is representing the company. “They’re not going to offer coverage for abortion-inducing drugs in the insurance plan.”
Opinions on both sides are all over the internet and in the news shows. There are even some Christians decrying the decision.
Is this stand important? If so, why?
Yes this decision is important!
1. Free birth control is NOT a medical insurance necessity. It is a choice made by a person. Lumping this mandate into the Obama Care package is an attempt to make something necessary that any normal thinking person knows is not.
2. Hobby Lobby is defending the rights of the unborn! While everyone else is so concerned about their own rights and choices, Hobby Lobby has drawn a line in the sand and decided to stand with the unborn when few else are doing so.
3. Hobby Lobby is NOT denying medical insurance to anyone. They are simply saying that if you desire to use birth control and chose to do so, then you pay for it. Why should any person or company be required to fund a choice made by another individual that DOES NOT fit under "medical" necessity. I understand if it is prescribed for health reasons unrelated to pregnancy and this could be and is covered now. But to fund birth control because people chose to participate in sex and do not want the consequences is absurd.
4. Hobby Lobby has a right as a company to chose the medical plan they desire to offer employees. Period! The Government does not have the right to tell us what we have to provide.
5. Hobby Lobby and any other corporation have the right to NOT fund murder! The US Government is doing all it can to ignore this and forcing it's beliefs of abortion NOT being murder on those of us who do believe it is! I understand that we are "funding" abortions with tax money. It sickens me. But that funding DOES NOT open the door for nor justify increase funding by individuals when their beliefs/conscious says NO! If people do not like the coverage Hobby Lobby offers, they can chose to work somewhere else.
6. The mandate forces corporations, free corporations, to act as religious neutral. The US Government has NO right to do so. Free corporations are in fact free. Free corporations have a right to decide how they will fund and what they will fund. When the government is allowed to remove this freedom, it has thus opened the door to tell people, businesses, non profits, schools, churches, etc. what they can and cannot do. This is NOT an American idea and clearly violates the US Constitution First Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Every American today needs to read the above carefully. The Obama Care mandate clearly violates the First Amendment. Clearly. No law can be made that prohibits the free exercise thereof...!
7. Thank God for David Green and family! I pray their tribe increase. I pray that more Christians will awaken to the travesty that is upon us. We have been lulled to sleep for years hearing preachers telling us this day is coming. Well, this day has already come. We are now in over our heads into the attacks on Christianity by the US Government while the same Government guarantees religious liberty to thugs who have sought to kill Americans. Terrorists have more religious liberty today in America than American Christians have.
8. Republicans and Democrats are equally at fault! This is NOT a slam at just one party. This is the progressive movement that has entered into the thought lines of both parties. Politics will not produce a solution. Politics is the chosen method for implementing the problem!
Even one Hollywood Liberal Film Director acknowledges this fact. I do not agree with Oliver Stone on much, but the following comment highlights where we are, even to a liberal. I disagree with his blanket assessment of the Bush years! But for a known and proud liberal to accurately nail the events of the current administration and decry them is fact alone that points to the depth that we as a nation have fallen.
The US is codifying thousands and thousands of new, political laws that compel citizens to live according to the State's desires. America was established as a Republic by the people and for the people! We are NOT a state led nation.
Read the following statement from Oliver Stone:
I think under the disguise of sheep’s clothing President Obama has been a wolf. Because of the nightmare of the Bush presidency that preceded him, people forgave him a lot. He was a great hope for change. The color of his skin, the upbringing, the internationalism, the globalism, seemed all evident. And he is an intelligent man. He has taken all the Bush changes and basically put them into the establishment, he has codified them. That is what is sad. So we are going into the second administration that is living outside the law and does not respect the law and foundations of our system and he is a constitutional lawyer, you know. Without the law, it is the law of the jungle. Nuremburg (sic) existed for a reason and there was a reason to have trials, there is a reason for due process – ‘habeas corpus’ as they call it in the United States.
Yes, this issue is more than important!
What will we do about it?
What will you do?
Remember this: Every nation that has ever fallen, has fallen from within!