Here are a few points:
1. It is easy to notice lately that the story was about to play out. Another attack is required to keep the front lines going. Why? There is nothing new in their "new" revelation.
2. The cry is for this continued pressure to force "repentance" out of Dr. Caner. They are good at playing God. This is clearly a case of piling on. While Dr. Caner has publicly repented both in a public statement as well as in a Campus Church venue, and while Dr. Caner is no longer president of LBTS, these hateful men want a scarlet letter for him to wear. It seems that unless Dr. Caner repents in front of them, God will not grant forgiveness.
3. Who determined that these James Whites minions (remember this is their own name) have the role of knowing whether or not this repentance is needed? Who set them up as the one's to motivate this activity? And just why was the Feb 25TH statement not enough? What about the actions of Liberty? He is no longer Dean. Could it be that this continued attack simply proves they want destruction regardless of their cries?
4. I still am trying to find in the Bible where it says that people are to manipulate repentance from someone? Can we say obsession? They want something yet to be defined and are quick to change the "game" and definitions etc. just to keep the story going. Human pressure is NEVER God's method for God's activity.
5. In their cries for integrity and self proclaimed holiness they are easily forgetting about the consistent scriptural commands to leave the role of Judge and Juror to God.
6. It is also noted that lately we discover that many of these "men" are also now blogging under the disguise of historical figures names. So much for integrity. But do not forget that they love to publish to the world the names of those who disagree with them. And when they make their silly phone calls to stir up trouble, they attacks, abuse, and hide their identity best they can. The phrase "Man up boys" just seems fitting here.
No doubt these young minds who follow a man with too much time on his hands, will continue in their pursuit to do whatever it is, and however it is defined, to Dr. Caner until who knows when.
All one has to do is read my last post to discover that REAL Ministry and REAL Evangelism are more than missing today. These minions and their little to do leader, are clearly bringing this point home.
Christianity can and must do much better than this. May we all remember this simple passage of scripture:
1 Pet 4:7-11
7 But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.
8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins."
9 Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.
10 As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
11 If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.