Today the Supreme Court of America in a 5-4 decision struck down the Defense of Marriage Act. And the Supreme Court decided the defense of Prop 8 had NO standing in California. As the homosexual community celebrates, Christians must wake up and realize that America has indeed changed.
Religious Liberty is officially under attack!
Here are some questions that highlight this new day and the dangers therein:
1. If churches deny marriage ceremonies to homosexual couples - what will the Government do?
2. If a Pastor refuses to marry a homosexual couple - what will the Government do?
3. If a church continues to preach and teach the Bible and what it says about homosexuality - what will the Government do?
And if that is not enough:
4. If the Government says churches cannot discriminate against homosexuality - what will the churches do?
5. If the Government says a Pastor must marry heterosexuals and homosexuals - will Pastors still participate in the marriage ceremonies?
6. If the Government says the Bible cannot be taught where it deals with homosexuality - what will churches, Pastors, and people of faith do?
These questions are no longer hypothetical. These questions today became real for Christians in America.
And by the way, it is not the fault of the Supreme Court of our President. It is we Christians who have sat idle in our clubs excusing ourselves from witnessing for way too many years! And when we did teach, we did so in such a weak manner that few learned much of anything!
We will now see what all of this means. When will we wake up?
It is time we realize that our only path now in America is the path that Daniel lived within 2 evil forms of Government. In both, he rose to power and even more importantly, he was respected. Our conduct, words, actions, and ministry will now be under a microscope.
All is not lost! God is still on the throne and we have NO excuses in realizing that Christianity must be busy about reaching people. We must leave our club mentality at the altar and get out in the communities serving and sharing. We must care and love!
We must be Christians!